Our commitment to you
2. Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use KeyProtect services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests at our discretion, for example if, in our opinion, requests are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, could jeopardise the privacy of others, could simply be impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. You may of course ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We will provide that information upon (i) a request by you, (ii) accompanied with appropriate evidence of your identity (certified copy passport or driving licence and a recent utility bill), and (iii) the payment of a processing fee (currently capped at £5). We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
4. Sharing Your Content and Information
You acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer and mobile phone to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and you should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. You must not allow any third party to access your account.
5. Information Security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to KeyProtect employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary measures, including termination of their employment or engagement, as well as criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
6. How we Use Content
KeyProtect may use your Content in a variety of ways from time to time in performing the Services for you including the following:
- we will seek to track and record your phone’s position upon KeyProtect being activated in accordance with its proper use; and
- we will seek to describe your phone’s position, and your details as known to us, to the relevant ARC, your nominated contacts and/or emergency authorities;
- those details are disclosed to any third party not being the ARC or your nominated contacts on an anonymous basis; and
- we use the location service API within your phone to determine and track your location. Disabling this setting will prevent the app from working fully and we will therefore be unable to provide assistance in the event of you being in danger.
More generally, we may also disclose your personal information:
- to update and/or administer our website or service;
- to send you notices or other forms of communication which are not marketing;
- on an anonymous basis, to use your information and/or supply the same to third parties, for statistical purposes;
- if we are required to do so by law, code of practice or regulation;
- in connection with actual or contemplated legal proceedings, including where we reasonably determine that a third party may apply for, and be successful in, the grant of a court (or other competent authority) order to disclose your information to that third party;
- for the protection of our legal rights, including ascertaining the nature of those rights, exercising and/or defending the same with advice from professional third parties to whom we may disclose your information for such purposes; and
- to any member of our group companies from time, our respective employees, directors, advisers, agents, clients and subcontractors, as reasonably required for the purposes of either this policy itself or the promotion and/or provision of our services.
7. Other Websites
This website contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any such third party websites.